Thursday, April 21, 2011

So close together @ so different

Well Lance, you would like both places but I wouldn't go alone at this time. It's so different there.Spain, the people are fast, noisy and they talk with their arms and hands. They are a comedy to watch when they are in a deep conversation. They are up early and don't go to bed until the wee hours of the morning. But, they take a nap from 1:00p.m. until 3:00p.m. This seems to be something they do regardless of anything else going on anywhere in the world. They know how to relax and get ready for the eve. At night it is a whole new world.
In the afternoons it was hard to find places to go as everything closed up. The cabs just park all over and the driver sleeps. All shops close. The streets are quiet. I was making a slide show of the trip so I used the time taking pictures. One didn't have to wait for crowds to get out of the way. I would also take notes and write a lot for the story. When the sleep was over all heck broke out. Nights in Spain were kind of hectic. Everyone was getting ready for night clubs and they wouldn't let me out alone then so had stay with the group. The club we went to one needed ear plugs. The music was fantastic but so loud. The dancers were the best in the world for the Flamingo. Fast and furious it was. Food was very good but if we had been on our own instead of with Norge...I wouldn't be able to afford that kind of eating and drinking. There was wine everywhere. Even in the bathrooms and on your night table. One wouldn't be able to read as they used 25watt bulbs. Putting on makeup was really a challenge.

I had read that a single woman should stick with the tour guides. So I made it a habit to sort of mate with a guide. The other two picked a Norge guy to make it look like they were with someone. I met Tony in Spain and he took me everywhere. A very handsome guardian he was. I was happy to be with him when we went to the bull fights in Madrid sp is wrong.maybe..I haven't time to look up words. Ha.

The bull ring was quite a sight and hundreds of people filled the seats. I do not like bull fighting. I almost cracked up. I finally turned around and looked at things behind me. Tony tried to explain that it wasn't any different than our boxing in America. Well I don't like boxing either so that didn't help. It was finally over and Tony took us to one of the famous castles. We couldn't take pictures inside but we could buy them. Another awesome experience. A week in Spain went fast.

In the mornings you could hear all the different sounds of the city and hear the carts filled with veggies etc. coming down the cobble streets. Church bells sounded from everywhere and all the different voices rang through the air. I hung out the hotel window and breathed in Spain. All the red roofs made a startling picture to remember.

I will always remember Spain and Tony and the energy of their country.

cont.

1 comment:

SLANCE said...

How old were you on the Spain trip?